Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Blue Black Screams


__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Screams the color of blue-black seas
Rise out of my belly
Bang against clenched teeth
I sway side-to-side
Images crowd my vision
In the worm of my mother’s fears
She abandons me a four-year child
To the frost of another’s hatred
And the need of my father
To not know
To not know
As he stared ahead
Never into my eyes
Which held more need
Than he could fill
Forgive her
Forgive him
Forgive them
But what about the baby
Who will hold the baby
And rock away lullaby
The blue-black screams
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

This too shall pass and coffee

            This too shall pass and coffee ___________________________________________________________________________________________...