Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Red Pith Helmet


__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Side by side we worked
Bound by the difficult job
And shared work ethic. I hope
They’re not persnickety, she
Ventured. I rummaged in the back
Of my shop and found it.
He gave me this. He made it.
And I put it on my head,
The red pith helmet.
Any man who makes a
A red pith helmet
Is okay by me, she said.
And we went back to work,
Chuckling. The job isn’t so hard
Now we know the heart of the man.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

This too shall pass and coffee

            This too shall pass and coffee ___________________________________________________________________________________________...