Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Stories


            Stories
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I grew up in isolated
North-eastern Montana.
Everybody knew your story.
I sneaked out of CYC and drove
Dad’s car, crammed with friends,
Up and down Main Street.
Somebody told my Dad,
Better keep a tight rein
On your filly there.

When my baby died,
Women from a hundred miles
Came to me, held me,
Cried with me, told me,
I lost a baby too.
Paradoxically,
In isolated communities.
There is no privacy.

Today I live in Mexico,
On the edge of a rural village.
I live by myself. In solitude
I find strength and beauty.  
Now and then, I feel lonely.
Nobody knows my stories
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

This too shall pass and coffee

            This too shall pass and coffee ___________________________________________________________________________________________...