Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Gospel Blues


__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________           
Parts of my life
Moan low and mean
Like Gospel Blues,
Rough around the edges,
Lumpy with discord.
I tried to smooth the surface
With failed hope, pretense,
Prayer on dark days
On my knees,
Drink
On my knees,
Sex
On my knees.
Trying to find my song,
Trying to sing the real me.
Scared for you to see
My scars. I’m broken.

When lyrics ring clear
I’ll sing for you.
Sing the broken blues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This too shall pass and coffee

            This too shall pass and coffee ___________________________________________________________________________________________...