Monday, April 6, 2020

Rear Vision


Rear Vision
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
He rolled his pick-up truck
Into Dad’s tire shop
To get a new set of treads.
I was home for the holidays,
Waiting for Dad to close shop.
Cranny used to live across the river.
I rode the school bus
With his children. His truck
Looked as battered and seamed
As he did. My Dad
Fingered the scar left where
The side mirror had broken off.
I don’t care about rear-vision
Mirrors, Cranny said. I quit
Looking back a long time ago.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

This too shall pass and coffee

            This too shall pass and coffee ___________________________________________________________________________________________...