Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Woman


Woman
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am drunk with summer sun.
My petals, open, reach
Into purple night while stars
Settle into a blanket. I sleep
Smelling your sweat on my skin.

I am fruit, ripe, skin bursting.
I paint dripping juice colors,
Write life-lived harvest, play
The full moon low and slow,
Catch tarrying notes in tangled
Hair to store for later.

Winter lingers beyond allotted days
And though I’ve had babies born
And die in winter, I’ve learned
To settle into the quiet
Beneath fallow snow where grass
And flowers make ready to push forth
Erasing the cold with fresh truth.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

This too shall pass and coffee

            This too shall pass and coffee ___________________________________________________________________________________________...