Thursday, May 14, 2020

Sing the Song


            Sing the Song
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
All I ever wanted
Was somebody to love,
Somebody to love me,
So I got married, believing,
As our generation believed.

It took years
Before I realized
I do
Didn’t mean he did.

Now I’m an old hermit
And I’ve lived long enough
To know love is a gemstone
Cut with many facets.
Morning brought a stray
Rag-bag of bones to my door.
She’s part Siamese, part Calico.
I fed her, of course. Food
Is one facet of love.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

This too shall pass and coffee

            This too shall pass and coffee ___________________________________________________________________________________________...