Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Peeling the Onion


__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________     
Today while chopping onions
For baked beans, I considered
The metaphorical onion.
I’ve been going through a rough patch
The past several weeks, peeling
Off another layer of long ago.
If only one layer would deal with one
Memory, wouldn’t be so bad,
But the damn things are so irrevocably
Interconnected. I’d like to think
I’ve ripped off the last layer
But I’d only fool myself.
There’s nothing for me to do
But keep on peeling
Right down to the weeping.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

This too shall pass and coffee

            This too shall pass and coffee ___________________________________________________________________________________________...