Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Sex


            Sex
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My first sex
Was ten years of Slam,
Bam, Thank you Ma’am.

He would ask
Did you come?
What the hell did that mean?
Instinctively, I knew
To answer, Yes.

One time
He started to do
Something Different.
I got excited.
He backed off.
Apologized.
Mumbled about
That was only for whores.
I wanted to be a whore.

Instead, I remained
The constant virgin.

One day Old Brian Stevens
Rode by looking for his
Fence-jumping bull.
I pulled a peach pie
Out of the oven.
The coffee pot was always on.
It’s the neighborly thing to do.
Pie and coffee at the kitchen table.
Old Brian was eighty-two.
I was nineteen and eight months pregnant.

When my husband got home
He interrogated me.
This happened nearly every day.
I got used to it.

I must have been
Some Hot Sex Pot
And didn’t even know it.

Or did he think if I’d give It to him,
I’d give It to anyone?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This too shall pass and coffee

            This too shall pass and coffee ___________________________________________________________________________________________...