Tuesday, December 24, 2019

The Mountains of Chicago


__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chicago marked a low point
In my roller-coaster life,
So low I could not recognize
Who I had come to be.
We lived in a husk of house,
Back of a used-car lot.
The one saving grace of that house
Was a glassed-in second-story porch.
A place to escape, to write bad
Poetry. My lament; I missed
My mountains. From a deep place
That still held a breath of fire, I heard
A voice; make your own mountains.
It took me months before I learned
To climb into my mountains for rest.
From those mountains in Chicago
I learned beauty and courage.
From Chicago I returned to myself.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

This too shall pass and coffee

            This too shall pass and coffee ___________________________________________________________________________________________...